We are currently experiencing issues with Online Banking Business Bill Pay. Our team is working diligently to resolve this as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience!
Recently, there has been an uptick in the number of scams targeting users of person-to-person payment systems like Zelle. It's important that our members are educated and aware of these scams in order to avoid falling victim to their latest tricks.
Here's What to Look Out For:
- You may receive an unsolicited message appearing to come from the Credit Union that asks if you attempted a Zelle transfer.
- If you respond to the message, the scammer (posing as a 'Fraud Specialist'), will ask you to verify your Online Banking login information. As a reminder, Collins Community Credit Union will never contact you via text message, phone call, or any other form of communication to ask for your Online Banking credentials. This is a red flag!
- If the scammer gains access to this information, they can access your Online Banking account and transfer your funds through Zelle.
Online Safety Reminders:
- If you receive an unexpected text message, phone call, or email asking for your personal information, do not reply or click any links. Please contact our team directly at 800-475-1150 so we can help.
- Do not give out your Online Banking username or password, or any information related to your accounts or cards.
- Click here to read some additional tips from Zelle to stay safe from scams and fraud.
While we use a variety of methods to keep your personal information secure, the best protection against scams is member awareness and vigilance. Please share this information with any friends or family members who you feel may be prone to falling victim to this latest type of scam.
Thank you for your membership!