REMINDER: Collins Community Credit Union will be performing a core conversion April 27 through May 1. During the conversion period you will experience service limitations as well as branch closures. All branches, including the in-store branches, will close at 5:30 p.m. on April 27 and reopen for business on Tuesday, May 1. To learn more about the core conversion, and to view frequently asked questions, click here.
Target announced Thursday, December 19th that as many as 40 million of its customers who used their credit and debit cards to make in-store purchases may have been affected by a data breach. Target says customers who made purchases using their credit or debit cards November 27th through December 15th may have had their names, card numbers, expiration dates and three-digit security codes exposed.
Target Data Breach Press Release
When breaches like this take place, merchants work with the national credit card companies to identify what information has been exposed to unauthorized parties. Once it has been determined whose information has been exposed, a list of the compromised cardholders is then shared with the affected financial institutions.
If you used your credit or debit card at Target between November 27th and December 15th CCCU recommends the following steps:
- Monitor your account. As this breach is said to have affected both credit and debit cardholders, as well as the checking account information of Target REDcard users, we are recommending monitoring your checking account purchases through CU Online and your pending credit card transactions through Mycardinfo.
- Update your information with us. If you have recently changed your address, phone number, etc. and have not notified us of the change please visit the nearest CCCU branch or if you are unable to visit a branch call 319-393-9000
- Watch for Suspicious Activity. If you suspect your account has been compromised visit the nearest CCCU branch or if you are unable to visit a branch call 319-393-9000 or 1-800-475-1150.
- Watch your mailbox. If your card information has been compromised CCCU will send you a notification letter with additional information.
- Check www.collinscu.org for updates. We will provide updated information as we receive it.