Beware of Unidentified Calls or Voicemails About Your Credit or Debit Card
If you receive an unidentified call or voicemail about your credit or debit card, and you believe it to be fraudulent, please hang up immediately and contact us at 800-475-1150. We are available to assist you.
Important Tips: Never provide your credit or debit card information to someone who calls you unsolicited. Be suspicious of any caller who asks for your personal information, such as your Social Security number or bank account number. If you are unsure about the legitimacy of a call, hang up and call us directly at 800-475-1150. We will never contact you to ask for your personal information. A message from Collins Community Credit Union will always include identification.
Target announced Thursday, December 19th that as many as 40 million of its customers who used their credit and debit cards to make in-store purchases may have been affected by a data breach. Target says customers who made purchases using their credit or debit cards November 27th through December 15th may have had their names, card numbers, expiration dates and three-digit security codes exposed.
Target Data Breach Press Release
When breaches like this take place, merchants work with the national credit card companies to identify what information has been exposed to unauthorized parties. Once it has been determined whose information has been exposed, a list of the compromised cardholders is then shared with the affected financial institutions.
If you used your credit or debit card at Target between November 27th and December 15th CCCU recommends the following steps:
- Monitor your account. As this breach is said to have affected both credit and debit cardholders, as well as the checking account information of Target REDcard users, we are recommending monitoring your checking account purchases through CU Online and your pending credit card transactions through Mycardinfo.
- Update your information with us. If you have recently changed your address, phone number, etc. and have not notified us of the change please visit the nearest CCCU branch or if you are unable to visit a branch call 319-393-9000
- Watch for Suspicious Activity. If you suspect your account has been compromised visit the nearest CCCU branch or if you are unable to visit a branch call 319-393-9000 or 1-800-475-1150.
- Watch your mailbox. If your card information has been compromised CCCU will send you a notification letter with additional information.
- Check www.collinscu.org for updates. We will provide updated information as we receive it.