Unfortunately, we see people fall victim to phishing scams like these and many others. Here are some tips to spot scams and protect your identity and account information:
- Do not respond or reply to the initial contact, especially if you do not know the sender
- Never provide your personal or financial data on a call or email you did not initiate
- Watch out for messages with an urgent tone, like a promise of big money if you act immediately
- Beware of messages riddled with misspelled words and poor grammar
- Do a Google/Bing search on the name of the organization the message purports to be from and contact the organization directly using the contact information on their website
Remember, if an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Be cautious to protect your personal and financial information. If you ever question an email, call or text you receive from Collins Community Credit Union, please contact the credit union at 319-393-9000 to verify the request.