School is back in session, the leaves are starting to turn and the days are getting shorter. Fall is just around the corner and college football is officially here! The Hawkeyes will take the field tomorrow at 2:30 p.m. against Northern Illinois and the Panthers and the Cyclones will battle it out at 7:00 p.m. at Jack Trice Stadium.
If you're planning on tailgating this season here are six ways to throw a great party without breaking the bank!
1. Invite more people and ask everyone to contribute.
2. Grilling can be expensive. Try using less expensive meats and cooking them in a crock pot ahead of time.
3. Purchase supplies in bulk.
4. If you're tailgating at the stadium, look for a parking spot a little further away to cut back on high parking fees.
5. Car pool - Not only will you save on parking fees, you will also save on gas.
6. Plan ahead - Delegate who brings what and ask people to bring their own beverages.
Remember, be safe and drink plenty of water. It's going to be a hot one this weekend!
What are your favorite money-saving tailgating tips? Share them with us in the comments below!