REMINDER: Collins Community Credit Union will be performing a core conversion April 27 through May 1. During the conversion period you will experience service limitations as well as branch closures. All branches, including the in-store branches, will close at 5:30 p.m. on April 27 and reopen for business on Tuesday, May 1. To learn more about the core conversion, and to view frequently asked questions, click here.
Queue the Pomp and Circumstance; it's that time of year again! Graduation is just around the corner. Whether it's high school or college, graduation is a special time in one's life that calls for celebration. With that, it can also be stressful. You have to pick out a card that's meaningful, but not too gushy, organize your list of 50 parties you want to attend- which naturally are on the same day, and find that perfect gift without breaking the bank.
You may think about giving your friends cash, it's easy and practical. But, if you're attending five parties and giving ten dollars a pop, that can start to add up very quickly.
Think outside the box! Here is a list of five great graduation gifts you can give on the cheap.
- Make a coffee mug. Buy a plain mug, personalize it with Sharpies, and bake it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Give them a framed picture. Printing photos is very inexpensive and you can pick up cheap frames at a dollar store. Remember, if your friend will be living in a dorm room, a super fancy frame is unnecessary.
- Check out the five dollar movie bin at your local Walmart. Buy a movie and bundle it with a bag of popcorn.
- Give them a jar full of their favorite candy.
- If you are on a budget, but still prefer to give cash, give five dollars instead of ten.