Beware of Unidentified Calls or Voicemails About Your Credit or Debit Card
If you receive an unidentified call or voicemail about your credit or debit card, and you believe it to be fraudulent, please hang up immediately and contact us at 800-475-1150. We are available to assist you.
Important Tips: Never provide your credit or debit card information to someone who calls you unsolicited. Be suspicious of any caller who asks for your personal information, such as your Social Security number or bank account number. If you are unsure about the legitimacy of a call, hang up and call us directly at 800-475-1150. We will never contact you to ask for your personal information. A message from Collins Community Credit Union will always include identification.
Queue the Pomp and Circumstance; it’s that time of year again! Graduation is just around the corner. Whether it’s high school or college, graduation is a special time in one’s life that calls for celebration. With that, it can also be stressful. You have to pick out a card that’s meaningful, but not too gushy, organize your list of 50 parties you want to attend- which naturally are on the same day, and find that perfect gift without breaking the bank.
You may think about giving your friends cash, it’s easy and practical. But, if you’re attending five parties and giving ten dollars a pop, that can start to add up very quickly.
Think outside the box! Here is a list of five great graduation gifts you can give on the cheap.
- Make a coffee mug. Buy a plain mug, personalize it with Sharpies, and bake it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Give them a framed picture. Printing photos is very inexpensive and you can pick up cheap frames at a dollar store. Remember, if your friend will be living in a dorm room, a super fancy frame is unnecessary.
- Check out the five dollar movie bin at your local Walmart. Buy a movie and bundle it with a bag of popcorn.
- Give them a jar full of their favorite candy.
- If you are on a budget, but still prefer to give cash, give five dollars instead of ten.