Beware of Unidentified Calls or Voicemails About Your Credit or Debit Card
If you receive an unidentified call or voicemail about your credit or debit card, and you believe it to be fraudulent, please hang up immediately and contact us at 800-475-1150. We are available to assist you.
Important Tips: Never provide your credit or debit card information to someone who calls you unsolicited. Be suspicious of any caller who asks for your personal information, such as your Social Security number or bank account number. If you are unsure about the legitimacy of a call, hang up and call us directly at 800-475-1150. We will never contact you to ask for your personal information. A message from Collins Community Credit Union will always include identification.
New Face Covering Policy Effective August 3
July 24, 2020
As the health and safety of our staff and members is our top priority, beginning Monday, August 3, all Collins Community Credit Union employees, members, vendors, and visitors are required to wear a face covering when visiting any Collins Community Credit Union building or branch to conduct business.
Should a member choose not to wear a face covering, alternative banking options such as the drive-thru, ITM, Video Banking, Online Banking, the Collins Mobile App, and Mobile Deposit are available.
This new policy is a simple step everyone can take for their safety and the safety of others.
Branch Hours Update
May 26, 2020
Beginning on Tuesday, May 26, all branches will return to regular business hours. For a list of locations and hours, please click here.
Lobby Re-Opening Update
May 20, 2020
The Winterberry branch is Cedar Falls is now open.
May 18, 2020
Lobby and In-Store Branch Re-Opening
On May 18, all Collins Community Credit Union branches will re-open except the Cedar Rapids Hy-Vee branches, the Wiley branch lobby, the Federal Building branch in Des Moines, the Price Chopper branches in Des Moines, the VA Hospital branch in Iowa City, and the Winterberry branch lobby in Cedar Falls.
Although the lobbies at Wiley and Winterberry are closed, the drive-thrus are open.
To ensure the safety of our staff and members, we’ve implemented several safety precautions and guidelines for conducting in-person business.
- Masks – All Collins Community Credit Union employees are required to wear masks. As you enter the building, we highly encourage you to wear a mask too.
- Plexiglass Protection Shields – Plexiglass Protection Shields have been installed at the teller line.
- Social Distancing – To comply with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) social distancing guidelines, we’ve placed directional signage and markers on the floor ensuring 6 feet of distance between members and employees.
- Cleaning Precautions – Each branch has been supplied with additional cleaning supplies and guidelines.
- Branch Guests – Please limit the number of family members and guests you bring with you to conduct business.
Although your experience may look different as we navigate this time together, we are committed to safely serving you.
Access Your Information From Home
There are several ways you can access your accounts, conduct transactions, and pay bills from the comfort and convenience of your home. Click here to learn more.
To limit spread, we encourage you to continue to visit a drive-thru, an ATM, or an ITM. ITMs (link to YouTube video) are available at the Des Moines Price Chopper branches.
If you need financial assistance, click here to learn more about our financial assistance program.
Thank you for your cooperation during this unprecedented time. Our team is committed to serving you.
April 13, 2020
In order to provide assistance for Americans affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, our federal government has put together the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security CARES Act. The stimulus package includes checks that will be distributed beginning April 13. Click here to learn more about what to expect.
Extended Drive-Thru Hours
April 2, 2020
Effective April 1, we extended the drive-thru hours at the Wiley, 42nd Street, and Marion branches. These extended hours will be in effect until April 30. The leadership team will continue to re-evaluate.
Monday through Friday
- Open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Open 8 a.m. to noon
March 25, 2020
We understand the stress and uncertainty of this unique time. If you need assistance, we have options.
- Consumer Loans - For a loan extension or personal loan, please call 800-475-1150 or log in to Online Banking to complete a Financial Assistance request form and a member of our team will follow-up. The Financial Assistance request form can be found in the "secure forms" tab in Online Banking.
- Mortgage Loans - To complete a mortgage forbearance agreement, please call 800-475-1150 ext. 1928 or log in to Online Banking to complete a Financial Assistance request form and a member of our team will follow-up. The Financial Assistance request form can be found in the "secure forms" tab in Online Banking.
- Commercial Loans - If you need assistance, please contact our team at 319-249-7983 or log in to Online Banking to complete a Financial Assistance request form and a member of our team will follow-up. The Financial Assistance request form can be found in the "secure forms" tab in Online Banking.
March 24, 2020
Collins Community Credit Union is committed to serving its business members in these uncertain and turbulent times. Our team has compiled a list of resources to help you navigate your next steps. If you need assistance, please contact our team at 319-249-7983 or log in to Online Banking to complete a Financial Assistance request form and a member of our team will follow-up. The Financial Assistance request form can be found in the "secure forms" tab in Online Banking.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
March 18, 2020
To view frequently asked questions, click here.
Branch Notification - Elevated Response
March 18, 2020
To protect our staff and members from the community spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), effective at 5:00 p.m. on March 17, 2020, all branch lobbies and in-store branches will be closed. The branch drive-thrus will remain open normal business hours. Click here to learn how you can access your account information from the comfort of your own home. We will continue to post information as it becomes available. Thank you for your membership!
March 17, 2020
To protect our staff and members from the community spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) the VA Hospital branch in Iowa City and the Federal Building branch in Des Moines are temporarily closed. Additionally, we're closing the lobby of the Jordan Street branch in North Liberty. The drive-thru at Jordan Street will remain open. If you prefer to "skip the trip", click here to learn how you can access your account information from the comfort of your own home. We will continue to post information as it becomes available. Thank you for your membership!
A Message From Our CEO
March 11, 2020
To our valued members,
As a member-owned cooperative, the health and safety of our employees, members, and the community is a top priority.
Collins Community Credit Union is closely monitoring the developing situation of Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, within the state of Iowa. The senior leadership team is following guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the Iowa Department of Public Health, and other sources to monitor the situation as it unfolds.
We appreciate your understanding that as a member, your experience may look different as we navigate this time together.
All branches are currently operating as normal, except the VA Hospital branch in Iowa City. The VA branch is closed to the general public. Hospital employees and patients may still utilize this location. For the safety of our staff and members, our teams have been advised to take extra cleaning and safety measures. If you are unable to visit us in-person or prefer to skip the trip, there are several ways you can access your accounts, conduct transactions, and pay bills from the comfort and convenience of your home.
- Online Banking – With Online Banking, you can view updated balances and transaction history, transfer funds between accounts or to other people, make loan and credit card payments, request an advance from a credit line, pay bills, and more. If you aren’t currently enrolled in Online Banking, click here to get started.
- Mobile App – The Mobile App can be used with your iPhone, iPad, or Android device. The app allows you to view account balances, make transfers between accounts, and pay bills through Bill Pay.
- Mobile Deposit – With Mobile Deposit, use the Collins Mobile App to securely deposit checks into your account anytime, anywhere.
- Telephone and Virtual Banking - You can contact Collins Community Credit Union at 800-475-1150, send a message via Online Chat, send us an email, or call the Audio Response Telephone System (ARTS) at 800-592-2787.
- Mail – Deposits and loan payments are also accepted via mail.
Please address all mail to:
Collins Community Credit Union
P.O. Box 10500
Cedar Rapids, IA 52410-9918
To take extra precaution and limit public exposure while conducting in-person transactions, the list below provides additional service options.
- ATM – To deposit or withdraw funds, visit a Collins Community Credit Union ATM. Click here to find an ATM near you, then select "ATM" from the location drop down menu.
- Interactive Teller Machine (ITM) – The ITMs have a live video feature that allows you to connect with a Collins Community Credit Union staff member to conduct financial transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments. ITMs can be found at the Merle Hay branch, Ingersoll branch, and 86th Street branch in the Des Moines area.
- Night Drop – The night drop at Collins Community Credit Union branches allows you to make deposits and loan payments.
While it is impossible to predict the spread of Coronavirus and fully understand its impact, we are committed to serving you.
President and CEO
Collins Community Credit Union